Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Forest Farm.
Any dog in a public place must wear a collar with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner engraved or written on it, or engraved on a tag.
We ask all dog walkers to please:
- keep your dog under close control at all times. Preferably, this means on a short (non-extending) lead, especially on the canal towpath, and most especially during the breeding season (February until August), to avoid disturbing nesting birds
- keep your dog in sight at all times — if you can’t see it, it’s not under control
- don’t let your dog go in the canal. Aside from disturbing the wildlife, the cumulative effect of dogs going in and out of the water has caused extensive damage to the edge of the towpath, which is very expensive to repair. We know some dogs love water — the river Taff isn’t far away.
- clear up after your dog and dispose of bagged fæces responsibly in the bins provided, or take it home for disposal (there’s a £100 on-the-spot fixed penalty for not doing so)
- don’t allow your dog to run or jump-up at other people. Not everyone likes dogs — saying “it’s ok, s/he is friendly” doesn’t make it ok.
- don’t allow your dog to approach other dogs. They may be reactive and either they and/or your dog could get seriously injured. Again, saying “it’s ok, s/he is friendly” doesn’t make it ok.
- respect other visitors, especially those with children
- respect signs and requests from the Park Rangers