General Contact Info
Please note we can only deal with issues relating to the Friends group.
Cardiff Council are responsible for the area and it’s management so please direct your queries to them.
If you would like to volunteer outside of our volunteer days you will need to contact Cardiff Council.
Send us a message
Forest Farm Country Park
Forest Farm Road, Whitchurch
Access Forest Farm
There are FIVE main access points to Forest Farm and all of them are open 24 hours a day.
- Forest Farm Road – Free Car Park and Wardens Centre CF14 JH
- Velindre Road – End of the Canal, Just a few parking spaces
- Longwood Drive – Junction 32 of the M4, down the hill from the mini roundabout just past Asda and McDonalds.
There is an access point halfway down the hill, this is the start of the canal. You can also park near the end of this road and access Radyr Weir (hydro plant). Park at the very end of this road near the roundabout for easy access to the bird hides and the Warden Centre, approx 5 mins walk
The Wardens Centre is just past the free Car Park, towards the end of Forest Farm Road, less than a minutes walk.
- From the M4 (Junction 32), follow signs to Whitchurch, pass the Hollybush Pub on the left. At the roundabout take the 4th exit along Velindre Road. Keep going down the hill, single track road.
- From Cardiff City Centre – Take A470 north to Whitchurch. Turn left at Whitchurch High School traffic lights.Turn right at next traffic lights (Barclays Bank on your right), at the roundabout take the 2nd exit and keep going down the hill.
- Train – Closest station is Radyr (valleys line). Cross the bridge over the river taff, take the footpath parallel with the bridge, turn right at the allotments gate.
- Bus – Cardiff Bus and Stagecoach operate services to Whitchurch with stops very close to Whitchurch Library. Forest Farm is 0.9miles (20 mins walk) from Whitchurch Library, along Velindre Road.
- You can also access the Canal from Longwood Drive, entrance half way down the hill from Asda, Coryton.